- November 17th, 2009
Let's see, let's see... So, back on glass_umbrella, I put up my list of twenty principles of not being a beast. And I think that, along with counting up the day's calories, I should review which things I did and didn't do. So:
Tomato soup: 180
2 potato chips: 20
2/3 French dip sandwich:400
5 strawberries: 30
club soda with juice: 50
Now, what could I have done better?
1. Water. I am supposed to drink half a gallon (which is only two quarts/8 cups). I drank 3 diet dr. peppers and that club soda with juice. That's really not good. But, I still have time to make it up... So, I will drink at least 4 cups before bed.
2. Being cold. This is alright. I've been a little cold for the last couple hours. This rule is more for after a longer period of restricting and fasting, when my body just doesn't have the energy to keep warm.
3. Took my vitamins!
4. Took my ritalin!
5. I got stoned, with the plan of using the diet soda if I got the munchies. Well, I didn't get them, and I was sipping a soda all evening. So that worked out.
6. I don't think that 5 strawberries counts as a serving, and I wouldn't call tomato soup a vegetable, either. Also, the sandwich is far from low fat or low carb. But, I did have some fruits/vegetables, which is good.
7. Dinner was 130 calories over the limit, but my snack of chips was well within the 150 cal maximum.
8. I totally ate what everybody else was eating -- fail.
9. I was not active at all today.
10. I was a little busy today, taking detailed notes from my textbook and messing around on livejournal. Enough to keep me from snacking to pass the time. I also did some sketching, which is good. I should really work on doing that more often.
11. Eh, a little. I chose to have tomato soup, and to make it with water, for breakfast. I chose not to finish my sandwich, and I chose to eat some strawberries. So, yes, in some ways I did do it.
12. I used regular dishes and I held my sandwich in my hands. Fail.
13. Yep, diet soda and diluted juice. Good job!
14. Okay, I haven't taken a shower today, but this is a lot like the being cold thing in that I don't expect this to happen for at least a few more days.
15. I definitely did not eat more than 1500 calories. I also chose to wait for The Boy's mom to come over, since she either makes or takes us out to dinner on Mondays, instead of grabbing a snack. Good job.
16. Hmm... I wasn't exactly ladylike with my sandwich, but at least I didn't finish it. The juice dripped on my chin a little and I felt like a barbarian, but I figured they would forgive me if they saw it.
17. I used no hot sauce today. I should have put it on my sandwich.
18. I suggested that we watch Anthony Bourdain while we ate. I dunno, I guess for me watching something about food just keeps me more mindful of the fact that I'm eating than many other types of shows would.
20. Yes, the answer is "Not to eat." Overall, this is the choice I made.
So, to recap, things I need to improve: water, activity, vegetables, calories-per-meal restrictions, dish size, utensil use, hot sauce, and NOT eating (at all).
Things I did well: making safer choices, having a plan for munchies, drinking appropriate beverages, taking vitamins and ritalin, controlling consumption in progress, mealtime television, NOT eating (very much).
Alright! That's what about that!
Huhh-mm-mm, I'm almost out of smokes. Yeah, I started smoking again. Phht, so? I barely go out anymore... But when I'm again living somewhere I have need to go out and walk, I will probably quit again, considering both the rainy weather and my need for oxygen.
I'm going to be a good student now.